Learn guitar with Online Lessons

Learn guitar with Online Lessons
Onlne Guitar Lessons

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Jimi vs. Jimmy

Several people have asked me in the past who I thought was a better guitar player, Jimi Hendrix or Jimmy Page.  Well that is a tough one.  This is how I answer.  Personally, I like Jimmy Page a little better.  In my opinion, Page is a more eclectic player.  He played blues, slide, country, rock, classical, etc.  He was kind of a sloppy player but it had a ton of vibe.  You can always tell its Jimmy Page.  He also had many different tones to his sound and experimented with alternate tunings.  All these things keep my interest.  Don't get me wrong, Hendrix was incredible as well and hands down the most innovative player ever.  He did things with the guitar nobody ever thought of doing with an instrument.

The truth is I loved both when I was younger, learning how to play guitar.  I probably burnt myself out on both guitar legends.  It is sad sometimes when I hear Purple Haze or Whole Lotta Love and get kinda bored because I have heard them 1000 times.  It would be awesome to hear them for the first time again.  I envy you, if you have not had the "Experience" yet.  No pun intended.

Learn how to play guitar online

No comments:

Post a Comment